No recipe is complete without the basic ingredients. Sweepstakes, contests, games, offers and rebates are no exception to this rule. Understanding the various components of the promotion (such as the method of entry, awarding prizes and eligibility), helps us to better advise on legal compliance and provide a detailed list of services and pricing based upon your actual needs.
As a standard rule of thumb, all promotions should have corresponding full Official Rules and legal disclaimers. The full Official Rules are your official "contract with the public" and are best suited to be originated or reviewed by a company who is up to date on the related laws. Disclaimers are legally required on all of your promotional advertising - we'll tell you what size they have to be and where they need to go. There's no time for guesswork!
We believe in budget friendly solutions and saving surprises for other occasions. Below is a list of "basics" that you'll need to get the ball rolling. Our pricing and services are built on an "a la carte" basis, allowing you to pick and choose the services you actually need.
Once you're ready to kick things off, contact us by email or give us a call to brainstorm with one of our team members (p.s. we never charge for conversation!).
Full Official Rules and Legal Disclaimers
We create contest rules, sweepstakes rules, terms and conditions for offers and rebates, as well as rules for instant win and other games. Our rules origination services include:
- Development of full Official Rules, abbreviated rules, and required legal disclaimers
- Offer general information regarding applicable promotional laws and assist in conceptual development
- Social network and regulated industry compliance
- Review advertising and promotional copy for technical accuracy, compliance and proper placement of legal disclaimers
Legal Letter of Opinion
- Full written, legal interpretation of final Official Rules and promotion structure
- Legal letter of opinion is based upon council's legal review of the laws for contests, sweepstakes, games, rebates or offers as they apply to the promotion structure.
Registrations (US, International and Regulated Industries)
- Acquire, complete and file the appropriate state and country paperwork
- Submit applicable forms and obtain applicable approvals for regulated industries, including but not limited to the Alcohol and Beverage industry
Click here for additional information pertaining to International promotions.
Bonding and Escrow (US and International)
- Obtain a surety bond to cover total prize pool
- In lieu of surety bond (if desired), secure escrow agreement and facilitate bank account for escrow funds
- Notarize and submit winner lists to gaming departments
- Secure release of bond or escrow funds from states and countries in which promotion is bonded and registered
Write-in Entry Collection, Handling and Data Entry
- Provide PO Box for write-in entry collection and collect entries
- Count, number and bundle entries in preparation of random drawing
- If desired, data enter write-in entries
Click here for additional information pertaining to online entry collection.
Random Drawings and Contest Judging
- Conduct random drawing of winners using auditable Random Number Generator System (RNG)
- Judge contest entries based upon the pre-set judging criteria outlined in the official contest rules and regulations
Winner Notification, Affidavits, and Travel Companion Waivers
- Notify winners according to Official Rules
- Develop and prepare an "Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability, and Publicity Release" form (winners with prizes in excess of $600)
- Develop and prepare a "Travel Companion Waiver" for guests accompanying winners on trips
- Verify eligibility of winners and assure compliance with Official Rules
Click here for additional information pertaining to prize fulfillment.
IRS Forms and Tax Paperwork
- Send appropriate IRS form(s) to winners receiving a prize in excess of $600 (i.e. IRS Form W-9, IRS Form W8-BEN, etc.)
- Upon receipt of completed IRS form(s), develop, prepare and submit appropriate IRS form(s) to winners and IRS